Career for a better climate. Every day.
Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. Our fiber-based materials are renewable, recyclable and fossil free. Our solutions offer low-carbon alternatives to products based on finite resources. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow.
We are looking for a Mill Director to Näpi sawmill (m/f/d) (full time). As Mill Director Näpi Sawmill at Stora Enso you will have overall responsibility for the site and its employees. You are also responsible for ensuring the best possible utilization of all assets focusing on a cost efficient and profitable production. Your site is part of the Wood Product Division and You will report to Head of Productions in Baltics.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Ensure high priority regarding the health and safety of the employees, as well as compliance with laws, regulations, and the Stora Enso code of conduct
- Steer operation and efficiency improvement to meet planned KPIs
- Cooperate with the supply chain team and wood supply to plan and follow up on raw material quality and volume requirements based on the customer demand
- Monitor and steer the cost and operative performance of the unit and work actively with the estimates
- Actively strive for the profitability of the mill within the given frames (such as pricing, raw material, or division profitability), and manage the process of reviewing the profitability of the mill with all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure sufficient staffing to secure the production and future of the mill
- Ensure that the mill has the right competencies in the right positions now and in long term through regular workforce planning, talent management, and people development
- Lead the employees, secure an appropriate working climate and act as a role model for the others
- Direct and supervise the mill management team
- Suggest and prioritize investments to secure the long-term efficiency of the location
- Develop and maintain the mill concept according to the WP strategy
- Represent the mill to regional stakeholders to secure good public relations and reputation, and manage contact with authorities
- Regular customer visits and sales contacts to acquire customer knowledge and ensure fulfillment of the customer order (right product, right time)
- Implement quality standards and secure product quality
- Set requirements for sourcing contracts and participates in sourcing committees
Message from Uldis Deisons:
Come to join us in the big Stora Enso family! This is a job for the future in our Renewable Materials Company. We are looking for a good leader for our Näpi Mill and a colleague for our Baltic Team.
In your work, safety always comes first. It is vital to develop the mill further, run continuous improvement processes, and have agreed actions done in time. In our team, we appreciate a positive attitude, cooperation, open and active communication, support, and regular feedback.
Are you the one we are looking for?
Head of Production in Baltics
What do we offer?
We believe that our employees are key to our success. We offer a total rewards package to engage our employees, including elements such as compensation, employee benefits, professional development, growth opportunities, recognition, and well-being. Joining us, you will get to be a part of the journey Stora Enso is on – transforming from a traditional forest industry company, into a renewable materials growth company.
We value for this role …
- BSc preferably in BA, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (several years of experience in managing complex mills/factories would substitute the missing degree)
- Ideally several years of experience leading mills/factories
- Experience and developed skills driving turnarounds
- Preferably experience from the sawmill industry, alternatively from other process industries
- Several years of experience working with continuous improvement
- Experience and developed skills in safety management
- Experience with being followed up, both on an individual and management team level
- Experience and a good understanding of financial figures/calculations
- Experience working in large corporations, as well as in an international context is an advantage.
Who we are looking for …
As a person, you are communicative, analytical, and driven. You have good team-building capabilities and a developed ability in engaging your surroundings as well as leading change. You are decisive and perform well under pressure. You are responsible and enjoy driving projects and initiatives from idea to implementation. Further, you have integrity, professional competence, and a commercial focus.
Our culture and work towards a more sustainable future are based on these themes which, we hope, will resonate with you as well:
- Create customer value: Demonstrates drive to create value for our customers by understanding their needs and our capabilities.
- Drive Business Performance: Demonstrates the ability to translate strategy to action by making decisions, delivering results, and proactively looking for new business opportunities.
- Do what’s right: Lives by and stands up for our values. Treats everyone fairly and respectfully and acts with integrity according to our Code.
- Inspire and motivate: Inspires and motivates by providing a clear direction toward a compelling future, offering clarity and support along the journey.
- Manage and Grow: Ensures delivery and value whilst nurturing performance, diversity, and inclusion.
Who are we?
The Wood Products division is one of the largest sawn wood producers in Europe and a leading provider of sustainable wood-based solutions for the construction industry globally. The growing Building Solutions business offers building concepts to support low-carbon construction and eco-friendly designs. Stora Enso develops digital tools to simplify the design and construction of building projects with wood. In addition, we offer applications for windows, doors, and packaging industries, as well as pellets for sustainable heating solutions.
Part of the bioeconomy, Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden construction, and paper. We employ some 23 000 people and have sales in more than 50 countries. Our shares are listed on the Helsinki (STEAV, STERV) and Stockholm (STE A, STE R) stock exchanges.
More about what we do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUElPYaxgqs
Here is where Näpi Sawmill locates:
ARISTA Executive Search is a recruitment partner for Stora Enso. When you apply, Your personal data will be collected, held, and processed for the purpose of the selection and recruiting process according to GDPR.