Career for a better climate. Every day.
Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. Our fiber-based materials are renewable, recyclable and fossil free. Our solutions offer low-carbon alternatives to products based on finite resources. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow.
We are looking for a Technical Manager to Imavere sawmill (m/f/d) (full time). Technical Manager belongs to Mill management team reporting to Mill Director. Your focus will be on managing all maintenance and technic relevant topics in a way to secure sustained cost-efficient maintenance of all assets. You´d improve technical performance and manage or support investment projects to reach secure cost leadership.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Secure and improve our safety level
- Manage the maintenance team
- Leader and a role model, developing an inclusive and engaging culture
- Staffing and personnel development: staffing plans, recruitments, onboarding, competence development in cooperation with HR
- Sustained cost-efficient maintenance of all assets within budget
- Develop proactive preventive maintenance
- Economically optimized equipment availability
- Continuous technical performance increase (based on economical limits)
- Best practice sharing with other mills
- Managing spare part stock according to targets
- Coordinate partners
- Manage the right balance between internal and external resources
- Support to develop further component standards, common processes, and guidelines
- Secure the fire safety standard
- Develop or support new project ideas/concepts to get the attractive projects approved and running
- Manage and support projects
- Represent Technic in the Mill Management team
- Drive the right maintenance approach (partly operator maintenance)
- Organize training for operator maintenance
- Participation in the sourcing process
Message from Argo Aavik:
In Imavere Mill, we are directed by sustainable decision-making at all levels, treat our people right, do what’s right and lead. That is what we want to be as a company. Every decision we make considers three perspectives: environmental, social, and business opportunities through sustainability.
As well we are continuously developing and investing in technology and production processes to improve safety, productivity, efficiency, and quality.
I’m looking for an industry professional who is a strong leader and passionate about continuous improvement of our technical processes and the reliability of production lines to meet and exceed our business targets. The right candidate is a role model for his/her team and has a scientific problem-solving and a root-cause attitude combined with a “Go and see” mindset.
What do we offer?
We believe that our employees are key to our success. We offer a total rewards package to engage our employees, including elements such as compensation, employee benefits, professional development, growth opportunities, recognition, and well-being. Joining us, you will get to be a part of the journey Stora Enso is on – transforming from a traditional forest industry company, into a renewable materials growth company.
You are well prepared if You have:
- University degree in technical or engineering fields
- Experience in maintenance and project management
- Experience in a technical manager role in a larger company
- Ability to work with financial figures, investment planning, and budgets
- Experience in managing 10+ team members
- Ability to engage and motivate the team during change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Estonian
Who we are looking for …
As a person, you are communicative, analytical, and driven. You have good team-building capabilities and a developed ability in engaging your surroundings as well as lead change. You are responsible and enjoy driving projects and initiatives from idea to implementation. Further, you have integrity and professional competence.
Our culture and work towards a more sustainable future are based on these themes which, we hope, will resonate with you as well:
- Create customer value: Demonstrates drive to create value for our customers by understanding their needs and our capabilities.
- Drive Business Performance: Demonstrates the ability to translate strategy to action by making decisions, delivering results, and proactively looking for new business opportunities.
- Do what’s right: Lives by and stands up for our values. Treats everyone fairly and respectfully and acts with integrity according to our Code.
- Inspire and motivate: Inspires and motivates by providing a clear direction toward a compelling future, offering clarity and support along the journey.
- Manage and Grow: Ensures delivery and value whilst nurturing performance, diversity, and inclusion.
Who are we?
The Wood Products division is one of the largest sawn wood producers in Europe and a leading provider of sustainable wood-based solutions for the construction industry globally. The growing Building Solutions business offers building concepts to support low-carbon construction and eco-friendly designs. Stora Enso develops digital tools to simplify the design and construction of building projects with wood. In addition, we offer applications for windows, doors, and packaging industries, as well as pellets for sustainable heating solutions.
Part of the bioeconomy, Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden construction, and paper. We employ some 23 000 people and have sales in more than 50 countries. Our shares are listed on the Helsinki (STEAV, STERV) and Stockholm (STE A, STE R) stock exchanges.
More about what we do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUElPYaxgqs
Here is where Imavere Sawmill locates:
ARISTA Executive Search is a recruitment partner for Stora Enso. When you apply, Your personal data will be collected, held, and processed for the purpose of the selection and recruiting process according to GDPR.